Light, fast and streamlined Fire Pack. NFPA categorizes it as PPE, Mystery Ranch calls it Load Carrying Equipment. It’s both, plus so much more: a pack prepared for that wind shift when your fire crests the hill and starts spotting a mile out. A simple IA tool (just fire shelter storage, fusee sheath, detail pocket, load shelf, Futura framing and optional hydration) that shifts into extended attack, single resource assignments and mission-specific versatility.
- Fire-specific yoke features our patented Futura adjustment system to telescopically adjust to any user’s torso length, but reduces its footprint width by 2” to maximize ventilation and body heat dispersion.
- Mid- and lumbar portion of the pack are built with continuous HDPE and fiberglass stay framing to bridge load distribution evenly from the yoke through to the hips and core.
- The Load Shelf itself, which comes into play when hauling hose-packs, attaching the Plus 900 or forthcoming Modules, or doing something outside the box, like hauling 5 gal jerry cans, or strapping on a few drip-torches.
- Operational Load Shelf helps haul hose packs, mount modules, and carry other equipment.
- Discreet storage sheath keeps three fusees fully stowed yet accessible for those rare moments of emergency and urgency
- Standard pack sizing from S-XL—with unconventional sizing available—lets us fit all body types
- Sized and fully adjustable Fire Yoke telescopes to fit any torso length
- M-Light belt system features re-direct webbing and tensions similar to SCBAs
- 150 cu-in storage pocket for headlamp, batteries, snacks, and other essential gear
- Fire Shelter can be set up for right or left-handed deployment
- Triple-Spade system is color coded, and securely attaches modular Plus 900 to Shift base in seconds
- Angled shelf in Ops mode minimizes shelter slap and chafe
- Daisy chains over shoulder pads for hanging accessories and other goods
- Pinstripe 3M™ reflective
- Built of custom spec’d 500D and 1000D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for longevity: maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- AQUAGUARD® coated YKK® #10 Zippers with nickel-plated sliders provide exceptional weather-resistance and durability
- Nylon 6,6 hardware & webbing
- All body-facing components built with spacer mesh materials for moisture transfer and body heat dispersion
- Varying density foams provide structure and padding
- Double-layering and web reinforcement in high wear areas
- Fiberglass Stays
- ISO 9001 Manufacturer
- UL® Certified to NFPA 1977-2016
Looking to add space? The Plus 900 expands the Shift to a complete line pack available Here.
Also compatible with the Plus REM available Here.