This is not your traditional Pulaski. The Super P 40 is designed for firefighters and trail builders who have their nose in the dirt, working in tough country around stobs, root balls and rocks. The thick heat treated steel of the Super P can be sharpened quickly and easily in the field. The incredibly strong steel resists chipping and stays sharp longer than other tools. The Super P comes with a 40" S-shaped fire roasted hickory handle, that saves your back while working long days on the fire line. The log grabber axe head is designed to help firefighters pull burning logs out of hot ash pits. The Super P 40 is recommended for firefighting and trail building, but not for felling trees.
The 40" Hickory Handle features:
New and improved 40” ergonomic hickory handle that is made from premium grade hickory and tapers to a strong rectangular block, fitting seamlessly into the new Rectangular Universal Neck, providing added strength and durability.
• Weight 5 pounds 8 ounces
• Easy to sharpen thick heat-treated steel
• Log grabber axe head
• Overall head length 13"
• 6 1/4" Wide Curved grubbing hoe, that sinks into the ground
• 40” S-shaped, fire roasted, hickory handle with rectangular universal neck
• Proprietary steel formulation that holds an edge longer and resists chipping
• Interchangeable heads
• 3 sharpened sides
• Replaceable head, neck and handle
• Grade 8 Nuts, Bolts & Lock Washers
• Made in the USA