This custom handle has been redesigned from the original J.R. Fire Tools hickory handle and is now even better! It is made from premium grade hickory wood and it tapers to a strong rectangular block, reducing grain-splitting and fitting seamlessly into the new Rectangular Universal Neck. This ergonomic handle is curved to give you more powerful digging action. It is longer and stronger than the average hoe handle and will save your back while working long, hard hours on the fire line. It comes with striking tool epoxy. Designed for use with the J.R. Fire Tools Rectangular Universal Neck. The handle can be used with any J.R. Fire Tools head with the J.R. Fire Tools Rectangular Universal Neck. Made in the USA.
Instructions for Handle Replacement
• Remove tool head
• Remove neck nut & bolt
• Heat neck for 1-2 minutes with torch to melt epoxy (do not breathe smoke)
• Pull old handle out and clean neck tube
• Place new handle into neck
• Check for proper fit and drill hole through handle with a 1/4“ drill bit, then remove
• Add a little striking tool epoxy inside neck, stir and insert new handle
• Re-attach nut & bolt
• Let dry for 48 hours
MPN 40-W-EPXDue to oversize/custom packaging, this product requires additional shipping fees.