The Hot Shield Ultimate Bandanna Model UB-V2 is designed for and primarily used by the wildland firefighter. The Ultimate Bandanna is a nearly 100% fire proof garment designed for high heat environments.
The Ultimate Bandanna is not a respirator, nor is it designed to accommodate a filter. The Ultimate Bandanna provides the user with a low level of respiratory relief from large airborne particulate, embers, ash, etc through a double layer of “mesh” fabric but does not provide any vapor protection. The mask has an adjustable, integral, non-exposed nose pinch bar for comfort & performance fit. CarbonX is a proprietary material tested to withstand extreme temperatures, far exceeding the Radiant Protective Performance requirements of NFPA #1977 Standards for Wildland PPE.
A cinch cord with sliding nylon spring lock creates air pocket for better fit, comfort and performance. Fastens behind the neck (Velcro). 3M Scotchlite Reflective Trim for nighttime visibility. An integral neck hang strap allows bandanna to hang loosely around neck/chest until needed.
- Patented CarbonX materials inside and out
- Designed by firefighters for any high heat environment, especially wildland firefighting operations
- Very easy to breathe through at ANY exertion level
- No filter to replace
- Very lightweight....only 3.6oz / 100.8 grams
- Hangs loose around your neck until you need it (integral CarbonX hang strap)
- One size fits all
- 3M Reflective Trim for nighttime visibility
- Wash and dry in any temperature and detergent