A necessity for wildland firefighters, this Pulaski axe is equipped with a hand-sharpened, single bit edge and mattock blade.
- The body of this firefighting equipment has been body coated with red enamel and clear lacquer to prevent rust.
- A single bit axe blade on one side and a mattock blade for digging on the other.
- ANSI Standards ask for hardness of Rc 45-60 and Council Tool standards calls for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55
When purchasing a Pulaski axe, you want to know that it is durable and reliable. Here at The Supply Cache, we provide hickory or fiberglass handled axes that you can count on to help at the fireline.
- Size: 36”
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto the handle and secured with a serrated aluminum edge.
- Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture to prevent shrinkage or loosening
- Axe head is attached to the handle with a strong epoxy, forming a chemical and mechanical bond.