Kestrel DROP D3 Fire Weather Monitor, Nielsen Kellerman
Understanding the environmental conditions surrounding a fire is critical. The Kestrel Fire Weather DROP can be deployed in seconds to begin capturing data from the start of the fire. DROPs are so small they can easily be clipped to a pack or belt loop, and so affordable they can be placed in multiple locations to provide unmanned monitoring. The DROP is powered by LiNK wireless data connectivity and the LiNK iOS and Android App – allowing for remote view of DROP readings as well as hands-free automatic data upload for review whenever the opportunity presents.
- Relative Humidity
- Heat Stress Index
- Dew Point Temperature
- Station pressure
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Unique to the D3FW)
- Accuracy: +/- 2%RH
- Sensors: 10 to 90% 25°C non-condensing
- Calibration Drift: Typically less than +/- 0.25% per year!
- View, chart, record and monitor your environmental conditions
- Real time, Wireless, Graphing functionality
- Access real time or chart the data via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on your smart device
- Log options: 2s, 5s, 10s, 20s, 30s, 1min, 2min, 5min, 10min, 20min, 30min, 1hr, 2hr, 6hr, 12hr
- Range of 100 feet for iPhone connection
- Download the Kestrel Connect App directly from the iTunes App store or Google Play.
- Share real-time / logged data with Kestrel Connect app via email, text, and social media.
- Battery life of 6 months - 1 year depending on user settings and logging
- Waterproof / Floats
- The Humidity does NOT need to be calibrated over time as with the Kestrel Wind Meters.
- Waterproof (IP67 standard) and drop-tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Logging every 2 seconds: Fills up after 3.4 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 43.2 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 259 days
- The battery life will vary based on usage.
- For baseline conditions and settings*, the battery will last approximately 6 months. *Temp = 75°F, Logging Rate = 10 Minutes, Update Rate = 30 seconds.
Battery life will be reduced by:
- Colder conditions
- More frequent logging or update rates
- Downloads of large data logs (or firmware updates) are best completed with a fresh battery and in temperatures above 10°C / 50°F.
iOS and Android Requirements:
iOS: iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or iPod Touch 5th generation – or any later iOS or hardware configuration. Will not work on iPhone 4, 3GS on 3G or any earlier iPad or iPod generation
Android: Android 4.2 and higher. Works with most Android devices with Bluetooth Smart®, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola Droid, and other recent generation phones and tablets.
Getting Data Logs off iOS Device:
- Directly from the Stats Page or
- Manage Logging from the Manage page
(All data only viewable from an App)
RH (Relative Humidity): See Chart for more detail