With the Backpacker in your pack, you and a friend can confidently set out on multi-day wilderness adventures. This backpacking first aid kit equips you with enough first aid supplies to treat you and a friend on hiking trips of up to four days. This medical kit's hospital-quality contents set the standard in wilderness first aid and are handpicked to help your adventure go smoothly. From Easy Access Bandages® and moleskin for common injuries to a trauma pad and irrigation syringe for larger wounds, the Backpacker contains hiking essentials and trauma supplies to prepare you for whatever you may encounter. Inside, you'll also find medications to manage fever, pain, allergies, and stomach aches. This compact first aid kit features a water-resistant medical bag, making it a durable addition to your lightweight backpacking gear. Whether you're heading out for a long fire assignment or looking for a lightweight hiking kit, the Mountain Backpacker kit lets you hit the trail knowing you're prepared.
Wilderness Medicine: A Condensed Guide
Know how to treat common backcountry injuries and illnesses with the up-to-date wilderness first aid information in this hiking first aid guide, edited by Christopher Van Tilburg, MD.
Find it Fast Design
Find supplies quickly using the external kit map for fast reference of all kit contents and the Easy Care First Aid® System, which organizes contents by injury into clearly-labeled pockets.
Hospital-Quality Wound Care
Clean and close injuries with supplies that set the standard in backcountry medicine, including an irrigation syringe, butterfly bandages, tincture of benzoin, and a variety of dressings.
Stop bleeding quickly with a large trauma pad to control bleeds from severe falls. Stabilize sprained ankles or strains with the elastic bandage so you can hike out safely.
Manage fevers, stomach aches, pain, and allergies until medical help can be reached. This medical bag contains multiple doses of common medications to keep you going on longer trips.
Blister Prevention & Protection
Stop blisters before they start with moleskin, the most reliable dressing to reduce friction and prevent the #1 hiking injury. The 14 die-cut pieces are shaped to fit common problem areas.
Cuts & Scrapes
- 5 – Easy Access Bandages®, 1" x 3" Fabric
- 5 – Easy Access Bandages®, Knuckle Fabric
- 4 – Butterfly Closure Fabric Adhesive Bandage
- 6 – Antiseptic Wipe
- 2 – Triple Antibiotic Ointment
- 4 – Alcohol Swab
- 1 – Tincture of Benzoin
Instruction / Instrument
- 1 – Wilderness First Aid Manual
- 1 – EMT Shears, 4"
- 1 – Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps
- 3 – Safety Pin
- 1 – Register Your Kit Card
- 3 – After Bite®Sting & Bite Relief Wipe
- 2 – Diamode (Loperamide HCI 2 mg.), 2 Pkg./1
- 6 – Aspirin (325 mg.), 3 Pkg./2
- 3 – Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg.), 3 Pkg./1
- 8 – Ibuprofen (200 mg.), 4 Pkg./2
- 8 – Acetaminophen (500 mg.), 4 Pkg./2
Stop Bleeding Fast
- 1 – Trauma Pad, 5" x 9"
- 2 – Nitrile Glove
Wound Care / Blister / Burn
- 1 – Wound Irrigation Tool, 10cc. with 18 Gauge Tip
- 4 – Sterile Gauze Dressing, 4" x 4"
- 4 – Sterile Gauze Dressing, 2" x 2"
- 2 – Sterile Non-Adherent Dressing, 2" x 3"
- 1 – Elastic Bandage with Hook & Loop Closure, 2"
- 1 – Conforming Gauze Bandage, 2"
- 1 – Tape, 1" x 10 yd.
- 14 – Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped Pieces
- 2 – Cotton Tip Applicator
Manufacturer reserves the right to add, substitute, or delete items if necessary