Every firefighter knows that wind, temperature and humidity drive fire behavior. Kestrel Weather Meters have been the trusted belt weather kit replacement for over 20 years. The 2016 Fire Line includes models with built-in calculation of Probability of Ignition (PIG) and Fine Dead Fuel Moisture (FDFM), features requested by wildland firefighters.
The fast and easy tool for taking weather observations, the Kestrel 5500FW Fire Weather Meter Pro provides NIST-traceable accuracy, reliability and usability when it matters most. Measure every environmental condition plus PIG and FDFM and view trends with on-screen data graphing. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand extreme environments without damage, your Kestrel Fire Weather meter can stand up to the abuses of work on a fire line wherever you’re assigned. A variety of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel Fire Weather meter with you. The Kestrel 5500FW Fire Weather Meter Pro offers a large, high-resolution and contrast display and highly readable numerals. The Kestrel 5500FW also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and single AA battery operation. In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5500F tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data, providing a complete history of conditions on the fire from the moment you arrive. With optional LiNK wireless connectivity, your data log can be transferred to a Kestrel LiNK app (available on Android) for easy export and email to an FBAN or meteorologist. LiNK enabled units come with Kestrel Vane Mount, creating a wireless pop up weather station for accurate readings and tracking trends. Data can be downloaded to a PC with the Kestrel LiNK Dongle, included. Tripod sold separately.
Kestrel 5500FW Fire Weather Meter Pro Overview
• Measures wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, plus 10 other meterological paramenter.
• All measurements displayed real-time and stored in memory for monitoring trends.
• Probability of Ignition (PIG) and Fine Dead Fuel Moisture (FDFM) built-in for readings with no reference tables needed.
• Quick and consistently accurate measurements reduce the risk of human error possible with manual weather kits.
• Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for nighttime use.
• LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers for in-depth analysis, export and easy communication to FBANs and other crews.
• Kestrel Rotating Vane Mount included with LiNK enabled units to make the world’s most portable weather station.
• Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
• Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
• 5-year manufacturer warranty.
• Relative Humidity
• Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
• Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
• Heat Stress Index
• Dew Point Temperature
• Wind Speed
• Barometric Pressure
• Pressure Trend
• Wind Chill
• Wind Direction and Orientation
• Probability of Ignition
• Fine Dead Fuel Moisture
• Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temp
• Density Altitude
• Made in the USA
6 In stock