This Kestrel weather meter helps you to quickly and accurately take weather observations to help you gauge the fire’s behavior.
- This firefighting equipment includes built-in calculation of Fine Dead Fuel Moisture (FDFM) and Probability of Ignition (PIG).
- Provides NIST-traceable accuracy, reliability, and usability during crucial moments fighting fires.
- Incredibly durable to withstand the intense conditions of working on the fireline.
- The Kestrel 5500FW Weather Meter Pro’s screen is large with high resolution to make the numbers easy to read.
- Comes with a protective pouch, neck lanyard, and the battery is included.
Trusted by firefighters for over two decades, the Kestrel Weather Meter gives you accurate numbers and data to let you efficiently determine a fire’s behavior so that you can make a plan on how to fight the wildland fire effectively. Durable and trustworthy, this is a piece of firefighting equipment that is a must-have. Along with measuring current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5500F is able to track and log over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data so you have a complete history from the moment you arrived. Add to your cart now.
- 5-Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Measurements are Displayed Real-Time and Stored in Memory for Monitoring Trends
- Drop Tested to MIL-STD-810G Standards
- Sealed to IP67 Standards and Floats
- Wind Speed
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure
- Heat Stress Index
- Dew Point Temperature
- Barometric Pressure
- Wind Chill
- Wind Direction
- Probability of Ignition
- Fine Dead Fuel Moisture
- Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temp
- Density Altitude