Felling Axe Tool, 36 inch Curved Wooden Handle, Council Tools
Dayton pattern single bit 3.5 lb. head axe with 36 in. curved wooden handle. A full-sized felling axe for general axe chores. Cutting edge is approximately 4.75″ of overall length and the poll is square.
- Forged steel head
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and splitting
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge, the poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition
- Head coated with red enamel and cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust
- 36 in. curved American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond, approximately 1/2 in. of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly
Replacement Handle available Here.
Due to oversize or custom packaging and weight, this product requires additional shipping fees based on quantity at checkout.
Made in USA