The ColdTrailer is a conduction-based heat sensing probe that allows firefighters to cold trail while remaining upright. Unlike infrared devices that sense the surface temperature of the ash, the ColdTrailer reaches deep into the ash and finds the heat where it is. Designed by experienced firefighters and tested and validated by interagency hotshot crews, the ColdTrailer is the only alternative to conventional bare-handed cold trailing.
The firefighter simply inserts the probe into suspect locations or sweeps the probe tip through an ash bed to find the hotspots. The ColdTrailer immediately alerts the user with a combination of visual, audible, and vibration alarms.
- Light weight collapsible pole fits comfortably in your fire pack
- Patented fast acting and highly sensitive probe with machined aluminum mount
- Micro USB charging port
- Pole sections lock together with a durable Kevlar cord
- Rechargeable lithium battery lasts entire fire season
- Long handle for better leverage when sweeping for heats
Weight: 13.5 oz. Length extended: 4’10” Dimensions folded: L 11” x W 2.5 x H 2.5”
Each ColdTrailer is backed with an unconditional 3 year warranty. If your ColdTrailer fails for any reason, please return it to CTS and we will repair or replace it free of charge, including shipping. Please contact CTS to make arrangements for a return prior shipping item back to factory.