HS-2 Wildland Firefighter Face Protector Mask, Hot Shield USA
Hot Shield USA uses CarbonX materials from Tex Tech Industries. CarbonX is a proprietary material tested to withstand extreme temperatures, far exceeding the Radiant Protective Performance requirements of NFPA #1977 Standards for Wildland PPE. The HS-2 is NOT a respirator but does provides a measure of respiratory relief by the reduction of smoke & ash particulate through an interior “pocket” that accommodates a respirator filter. Any low-level N-95 or EN respirator filter with exhalation valve centered in the middle will work.
- Patented CarbonX materials inside and out
- Designed by firefighters for wildland firefighting operations
- Moderately easy to breathe through...designed for intermittent use as needed
- Filter pocket allows insertion of low-level, N-95 or EN respirator filter with exhalation valve
- Very lightweight....only 5.8 oz. / 162.4 grams grams
- Comfortable and absorbs perspiration
- Hangs loose around your neck until you need it (integral CarbonX hang strap)
- One size fits all
- 3M Reflective Trim for nighttime visibility
- Wash and dry in any temperature and detergent
All sales are final on this item to ensure the health and safety of our customers.