The Kestrel 3500 Night Vision Weather Meter is designed as a full weather meter that has the ability to measure environmental variables such as temperature, wind speeds, barometric phenomena, pressure trends of up to 3 hours, and more. This rugged and affordable meter provides a complete range of reliable weather measurements. For those in need of a full reading of the latest weather information, the 3500 is the ideal Kestrel Meter.
For night-time use the Kestrel 3500NV features a night-vision preserving backlight which helps in sustaining natural light. The backlight incorporates optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. (Note: This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not "red", and is still in the visible spectrum which makes it not compatible with night-vision equipment.)
In addition to the pressure trend indicator, the Kestrel 3500 also has the advantage of altitude and barometric pressure measurements. With these features on hand at anytime, the Kestrel 3500 becomes an ideal weather instrument for outdoor enthusiasts, sportsmen and sportswomen, and anyone else that will benefit from accurate and up to the second weather and barometric information. The Kestrel 3500 also offers Barometric Trend. This component is an arrow indicator that will indicate the trend of the previous 3 hours, even if the meter was off. If the batteries are changed, the arrow will show just the current trend, not historical.
The Kestrel 3500's easy to use menu system scrolls through 9 different environmental measurements. It has an external temperature sensor with a waterproof casing that allows you to gauge the temperature of water, snow, and the open air. The highly sensitive and user-replaceable impeller technology provides accurate wind speed info. A hard slide-on case, lanyard, and battery are also included.
THE KESTREL METER 3500 WEATHER METER MEASURES
- Barometric pressure
- Relative humidity
- Heat stress index
- Wet bulb temperature
- Wind chill
- Wind speed
THE KESTREL METER 3500 WEATHER METER FEATURES
- Air, water, and snow temperature
- Average wind speed
- Maximum wind gust
- Real-time clock
- Large easy-to-read display with backlight
- Data hold function
- High precision pressure sensor
- Quick response, external thermistor
- Forecast weather with pressure trend indicator
- Humidity sensor that can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Innovative, thermally adjusted humidity sensor designed for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes
- Patented user-replaceable impeller
- Reliable, portable and easy to use
- Protective cover with sure-grip overmolding
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA