A traditional style bit axe blade on one end and a mattock blade for digging or grubbing on the other end. Used in a variety of settings including forestry and general landscaping.
- Forged steel head, hand sharpened, single bit edge and mattock blade.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 53-58.
- Body coated with black enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 42 inch top grade double bit American fiberglass handle. Handle is secured with epoxy to prevent loosening.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately ½ inch of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
- Produced in accordance with US Forest Service specification 5100-355E.
- This product meets the GSA spec for NSN# 5120-01-679-2683
Due to oversize or custom packaging and weight, this product requires additional shipping fees based on quantity at checkout.
Made in USA
MPN 38PE142FG NFES