A traditional style bit axe blade on one end and a mattock blade for digging or grubbing on the other end. Used in a variety of settings including forestry and general landscaping.
- Forged steel head, hand sharpened, single bit edge and mattock blade.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 53-58.
- Body coated with black enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 42 inch top grade double bit American fiberglass handle. Handle is secured with epoxy to prevent loosening.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately ½ inch of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
- Produced in accordance with US Forest Service specification 5100-355E.
- This product meets the GSA spec for NSN# 5120-01-679-2683
Due to oversize or custom packaging and weight, this product requires additional shipping fees based on quantity at checkout.
Due to a nationwide raw material shortage, the availability of Wildland tools and handles has been severely impacted and long delays are anticipated. If you are ordering out of stock tools or handles, please consider placing these on a separate order from other items to avoid the delay of non-tool items. Tool orders will be processed and filled in the order in which they are received as our stock replenishes.
Made in USA
MPN 38PE142FG NFES