The PLUS MEDIC pack is designed for quick access to important medical supplies. It's designed to transform you Shift system into a wildland medic pack.
Images with kitted out bag shown for demonstration purposes only. Hydration systems sold separately.
Key Attributes & Features:
- Triple-Spade system is color coded, and securely attaches modular Plus Medic to Shift base in seconds Note: Shift Frame not included.
- Three components combine to form the fundamental innovation that makes the Shift System truly unique: its Operational Load Shelf.
- Shift (not included with Plus Medic): First, the Fire-specific yoke features our patented Futura adjustment system to telescopically adjust to any user’s torso length, but reduces its footprint width by 2” to maximize ventilation and body heat dispersion.
- Second, the mid- and lumbar portion of the pack are built with continuous HDPE and fiberglass stay framing to bridge load distribution evenly from the yoke through to the hips and core.
- In combination, this is all serves the Load Shelf itself, which comes into play when hauling hose-packs, attaching the Plus Medic or forthcoming Modules, or doing something outside the box, like hauling 5 gal jerry cans, or strapping on a few drip-torches.
- External AQUAGUARD® zippers keep dust out of main pack.
- Operational Load Shelf helps haul hose packs, mount modules, and carry other equipment
- Horseshoe zipper fully splays open the bag for main compartment access
- Sides and bottom of main bag are padded to protect contents
- Zippered lid pocket gives easy to personal gear and small items like headlamps, flagging, and batteries
- Modified front Stick It with zippered compartment for personal/sustainment gear and zippered administrative pocket (pencil, notepad, etc.)
- Modified Stick-It provides space for odd shaped objects
- Removable Medic Patch (Velcro®) area
- External, full-length zippered docs sleeve
- Top and side haul loops for hang options
- Wing pockets hold up to three fuel bottles, three water bottles (40oz Hydroflask®, FSS bottle) or one 64oz Hydroflask® growler per side
- Pinstripe 3M™ reflective
- Internal strip of Velcro® loop for attaching removable pockets
- Two small and two large clamshell-style internal, removable pockets with vinyl windows that Velcro® in place have color coded-handles and Velcro® label strips can take paper strips, grease pencil, or sharpie for identification and quick recognition
- Two 1000 ml IV pockets with clear vinyl windows
- Internal sheer pocket with underlying area for surgical gloves
- Side-access hydration sleeve designed around Hydrapak® 3.1L OHY reservoir; can also hold certain 5L reservoirs
- Full-length, internal zippered sleeve for neck brace
- Hot Lid & Med Lid compatible (nibs for quick attach)
Materials & Specs:
- Built of custom spec’d 500D and 1000D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for longevity: maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- AQUAGUARD® coated YKK® #10 Zippers with nickel-plated sliders provide exceptional weather-resistance and durability
- Nylon 6,6 hardware & webbing
- Double-layering and web reinforcement in high wear areas
- UL® Certified to NFPA 1977-2016