3.5 lb. Dayton pattern single bit axe with 36" fiberglass handle. A full sized felling axe for general axe chores. Cutting edge is approximately 4.75" of overall length and the poll is square.
• Forged steel head.
• Made in USA.
• Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and splitting.
• ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
• Head coated with black enamel and cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
• 36" yellow clad style fiberglass handle. Traditional single bit shape. Construction is a pultruded structural fiberglass core with an injection molded jacket acting as an exterior body. The jacket is tough, durable engineered polymer. Extremely strong, non-conductive and non-corrosive.
• Axe head is joined to the handle with a strong resilient epoxy, forming a chemical and mechanical bond. The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond.
Due to oversize/custom packaging, this product requires additional shipping fees.